Getting software installed on a Chemistry computer
The Computer Officers provide methods to easily install popular software onto local machines.
- Windows managed workstations have their software managed via WPKG
- Mac managed workstations have their software managed via Munki
- Linux managed workstations have their software managed via apt-get
Software available to members of the Department of Chemistry
A list of software is available at http://www.ch.cam.ac.uk/computing/software-list
If it's not covered by the site licences it may be possible to purchase it through a local deal.
- Obtaining software from the UIS (University Information Service) : Microsoft (Windows, Office), Adobe products, etc.
- Department Software Policy
- University Software Policy
The Computer Officers occasionally write pieces of software for our own use. Such software might be useful by other systems administrators, and is made available through our geekery page.