skip to content

Postgraduate Admissions

Student Visitors

The Department of Chemistry welcomes students from other Academic Institutions to undertake short research projects as part of their degree.


How can I become a student visitor?

Agreement of research group

Before making any applications, please directly contact the research group you wish to work with and ask if they would be willing to support your application to be a student visitor in the department. You can find more about our research groups on our research pages and on the academic staff pages. You must have the consent of a research group before you proceed further.


Signed Student Visitor's Agreement

Prior to your visit you must have a signed Student Visitor's Agreement in place.

In order to set up your agreement we will require the following:

  1. A letter from your home institution confirming that:
    • You are a registered student
    • Your home institution approves your visit 
  2. Your home institution transcripts
  3. Confirmation that you have secured funding to cover your living costs in the UK
  4. A colour scan of the details page of your passport
  5. Your English Language Proficiency certificates (IELTS or TOEFL) successfully completed within 24 months of your visit**

**The University of Cambridge Student Mobility Committee have agreed that it is important that a visiting student’s English language proficiency is at a sufficiently high level for their period of study at Cambridge and the standard requirements should be used as a guideline.


International students requiring a VISA

If you are from a non-EEA country and plan to study here, you will require the correct Visa.


Contact us

If you would like to be a student visitor and need more information, or if you encounter questions or obstacles in your application process, we are here to help.  Please contact us!