skip to content

Current Postgraduate Students


If you are unhappy with the experience you have received in the Chemistry Department in any way, we suggest that you firstly try to speak to the relevant person involved to try to resolve the issue. If this is not possible or you find that you were not able to resolve the issue following this, please approach a member of the Postgraduate Education team to try to resolve the issue. We are always here to help you. 

If it becomes clear that your complaint cannot be easily resolved, the Postgraduate Education Team will take it futher and raise the issue with one of the Responsible Officers who formally deal with graduate student complaints at a local level in this Department. They will be able to help you either by resolving the matter or by assisting you in your decision of which direction to take. 

Although we prefer you to come and talk to us at the Department first, there may be circumstances that mean you do not wish to do so. This being the case, you may also use the University Student Complaint Procedure in order to try and resolve the situation. All information and links to relevant forms, whatever the type of complaint can be found here.

Whichever avenue you choose, making a complaint can be a very stressful thing to do and you should remember that further support and advice is also available from the Departmental Tutor group, your College Postgraduate Tutor or the Students' Unions' Advice Service.

**You should aim to discuss the Code of Practice for Research Students with your supervisor at the beginning of your postgraduate studies to understand both your responsibilities and expectations.**